Junior Content Designer
We’re looking for a talented Junior Content Designer to join our epic marketing dream team in Northamptonshire! If you have a flair for creating engaging, inspirational graphic and written content for both print and digital platforms, and a passion for branding, we’d love to hear from you. This role will be exciting and fast-paced, and form a vital part of our vibrant, industry-leading brand.
To support the Marketing team’s graphic design and copywriting requirements. To aid in planning and creating effective content to articulate our core brand pillars and values.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Brand Manager to create engaging and inspirational content in line with our brand tone of voice, values and visual identity across all channels, which connects with our consumers and customers
- Build and edit existing print-ready and web-ready artwork using Adobe Creative Suite predominantly
- Ensure that our Content and Image Library is kept up to date and organised in a user-friendly manner
- Contribute to the Content Marketing Plan and editorial calendar
- Work with the wider Marketing Team to assist in the provision of general graphics, imagery and copy across the marketing and sales function, including print artwork, digital assets, proof-reading, fact-checking, formatting assistance, editing, copy writing and providing pre-agreed key copy
- Write and design a combination of newsletters, blog articles, press releases, advertisements, case studies, internal comms and other collateral
- Assist in website design and maintenance, ensuring all content is relevant and up to date
- Organise, brief and plan the production of marketing materials by working closely with printers, agencies, and other involved parties
- Aid in monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of content performance in line with specific KPI’s, and help to collate data into reports for marketing managers and directors
- Research and be aware of industry and general trends, and submit ideas for experimental marketing to enhance and grow the brand
- Be available as a resource for senior marketing team members who need assistance with completing large projects
Key Post Holder Requirements
- Competence in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in graphic design
- An eye for detail and visual balance – creative flair!
- Proven exceptional writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Focused, diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and flexible – thrives in fast paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- An effective team-player
- Forward thinking
- Passionate, driven and energetic
- Competent with all core Microsoft Applications
- Please submit a portfolio to show any relevant design work. This may be presented on screen or via print.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite – this must include proof of experience creating print-ready assets in InDesign and Illustrator
- Writing long form content such as blogs, press releases, etc.
- Previous creation of unique content that stands out and gets results
- Evidence of working with a team to deliver effective marketing content, including planning, copy, photography and analysis, across a number of channels
- An understanding of content creation through to final execution, including the differences between print process vs digital media
- Knowledge of general marketing principles, and how image and copy work hand-in-hand to build a brand
- A keen awareness of the drinks industry, including current trends
- An understanding of our brand and products
- Previous experience of uploading content to digital platforms, such as Shopify or SalesForce, and social media platforms
- An interest in, or basic understanding of, both design and copywriting principles, including full artwork processes, UX, keywords and SEO optimisation, how to implement TOV, etc.
- A passion for the drinks industry, particularly spirits
- Any photography or video editing skills are a welcome addition!
Professional / Technical Qualifications and Work Experience Required for The Role
- Degree or equivalent in Marketing, English, Copywriting, Graphic Design or similar
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working in a graphic design or content-focussed role
Please email a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: Sunday 1st September 2019