Upcycle your pumpkins!
Upcycle your leftover pumpkins!
Now that Halloween is over, you may be wondering what you can do with your left over pumpkins. Rather than throwing them away, why not turn them into a bird feeder to place in your garden? Check out our handy how-to guide below which shows you how!
1. If you haven't already done so, cut off the top of your pumpkin and scoop out the flesh inside.
2. Make four holes around the side, but make sure they aren't too close to the top edge to avoid it from splitting. Pop two strong sticks through, ensuring they are long enough to stick out each side.
3. Get some twine and tie four lengths to each stick then tie the loose ends together.
4. Fill your up cycled bird feeder with bird seed & hang in a tree or fence in your garden. If you don't have anywhere to hang it in your garden, placing it on the ground or on a wall will also be fine!
5. Make sure you clean out any seeds the birds don't eat, every couple of days. Once your pumpkin starts to rot, pop it in the recycling bin so it doesn't make the birds sick.
An alternative option is to cut up your pumpkin, dig a hole about 25cm deep and pop your pumpkin bits in the hole. Pumpkin flesh is full of water & breaks down super quick in the soil...& the wildlife will love it!!