- 1 part water
- 1 part granulated sugar
- 1 part rosehips (chopped roughly)
- 1 part elderberries (with no stalks)
- Heat up the rosehips, elderberries and water in a pan until it gets to a rolling boil.
- Leave it to roll for another 2 minutes and then take it off the heat, then leave it to infuse for a further 20 minutes.
- Strain through a cheese cloth/muslin cloth and sieve to separate the liquid.
- Put the liquid back into a clean pan on a low heat, add the sugar and stir until it has fully dissolved.
- Keep in a sterilised bottle in the fridge.